Set a created plane to default plane

Hello,

Is there any way I can set a certain plane that I have created in (Installation → Features) to be the default plane when I come to the ‘Move’ tab, instead of it by default being placed under ‘View’? Hopefully that makes sense

Thank you.

Nope I don’t think so. I find it somewhat annoying. Especially when you’re programming moves, it’s easy to forget to change the Feature. For our Welding CAP, I added this functionality into the Installation page, but you can’t access/edit the Move screen.

1 Like

When you are teaching a waypoint, it does not matter what feature is selected in the move tab under ‘Feature’. It can be Base or View or whatever and this will not affect how the waypoint is stored. What really matters is which feature is selected under the move node itself.

I would have to agree. We have a few people using the robot and their biggest hurdle to overcome is not taking the point in the base plane. We have created a master plane that we program everything in. Therefore in the future if we ever have to move the robot for another application it is super easy to set the frame back up. But other than that its super easy for them to learn.