Running .script file on UR5e Robot

Hello,
I am trying to run a .script file on a UR5e robot which I created in URsim (version: 5.11.0.108249). I transferred the file to the robot with a USB stick, but when I attempt to run the file I get the following error message: “The X.script file cannot be loaded.”
Alternatively, I attempted to run the script in a new program as a script node. This however (after removing the labels to avoid receiving a “Duplicate Label” error) does not elicit any actions from the robot. Essentially, the script is executed, but the robot does not perform the defined actions.
Any Information on how to get the robot to run a .script file would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help in advance. :slight_smile:

What do you mean by “created”? Is this a script node you made in the program and used multiline to write and save the script, or is this the *.script file that was generated when you saved the program on your URsim?

Hi Mike,
thank you for the response. I have since been in contact with the UR support and realize that I can run the script by defining the functions in a BeforeStart section of the Program and then call the functions individually afterwards. The purpose of my program however is to automate the creation of a script by modifying the script code with Python. Therefore I need to run the .script file directly.

Is there a way to directly execute a .script file on a UR5e Robot?
Essentially I want to bypass the creation of a .script file which is executed as the result of combining a .urp file and an installation file (information source: Universal Robots) and immediately run a .script file.
Any help or Information is greatly appreciated.

Np, yea UR would be your best bet for an explanation on URscript but the *.script file generated from your *.urp program is interpreted very differently than you generating your own URscript functions within a program.

As for using python to generate script that will control the robot, you can connect via the client interfaces and generate script and send it to the robot this way (without utilizing the pendant). Or you could also create a URcap that is implemented on the robot to do this. There are several posts on the forum as well as documentation on UR’s website to give guidance on both of these. I will say these are a more advanced process to learn and implement if you are planning to not use (or minimizing use) of the teach pendant. Hope this helps and best of luck!