RTDE vs Socket Communication

Hi,
I made some program to connect my UR to a PC. My UR need send some command to My Computer to get some data like yaw, pith, roll etc. Which method—RTDE or Socket Comms—is preferable?

Please clarify the circumstances in which I should use RTDE or Socket Comms.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of RTDE or socket communications?

Thank you

Are you doing real-time control of the robot or just reaching out once in a while to get the data?

I am doing real-time control of the robot.

My PC will act as an manager whom instructing the robot to move to some pose, doing a trans_pose, repeat some flow, triggering UR I/O, etc.

But in order for my computer to know if the robot has reached a certain pose or what data robot needs, I need the robot to transmit certain commands or information to my PC.

Yea that sounds like what RTDE was intended for. I think it provides semi-reliable updates around 125Hz. Technically the robot does motion updates every 500Hz but I think it still works.

edit:
Description of update rate

Could you please explain to me, what the advantages and disadvantages using RTDE rather than socket comm?

Thank You

Also could the UR resetting the input register?
I have some thread to get data from PC

I want to reset the input register so the robot not read it multiple times. I have been try to reset the input register in my PC after send the input register, but i don’t know how to make sure the data have been read by robot and can be reset by PC.