RocketFarm OPCUA

Is anyone using the OPCUA from Rocketfarm as a server? It will not connect to my plc as a client so I am trying to use it as a server, and have it and the plc write to a node red client as the intermediary. I cannot find the robot endpoint to point node-red or any other client to. I followed the standard ocp.tcp://robot address: port# but nothing pulls up. everything is on the same network and that is all set up correctly. Is there something I am missing or is the endpoint different in this case?

Hi,
I am also working on the same topic, did you find any solution to connect the OPC UA Server from the robot via PLC as Client?

Partially. For some reason it did/does not want to communicate to that specific controller (Bosch MTX). It connects to our other PLC (Bosch XM) just fine, unfortunately I am not using this PLC on the machine the robot is on so I needed a workaround still. Currently I am running the robot as a server only to my HMI. The HMI is also a client to the PLC (MTX). and operates as a pass thru for server to server communication. Essentially the robot will send a variable to the HMI, then the HMI sends that back out to the PLC. It is not pretty but it was the only way we could get the communication we needed.

I gave up on node red because it was adding an unnecessary step that I realized the HMI could do for me.

I was eventually able to find the end-points correctly. It has been a while so i don’t recall exactly why i couldn’t see endpoints at first, I think I had a typo using “ocp.tcp” not the correct"opc.tcp".

I hope that helps!