Return message for a UR script command sent through the /ur_hardware_interface/script_command topic?

Hello,

What is the best way to receive the return message for a UR script command (e.g., “is_within_safety_limits”) sent through the /ur_hardware_interface/script_command topic?

Hi,

this is currently not supported.

Thanks. Is it possible to have this capability? Which files should I look into to make modifications to the socket communication to add this feature?

I honestly do not know whether this is possible at all. To check, you could try to search the online documentation. The script_command topic is basically only a wrapper around the primary interface socket connection.

So, what you could do is grab a network package viewer such as wireshark and inspect the packages that are coming back from the robot. Alternatively you can try using my WIP branch for getting more information from the primary interface.

If there is a message sent by the robot, this would have to be implemented inside the mentioned WIP branch for improving the primary interface and then there’s still functionality to build ontop of that.