Restore System Backup In Virtual Environment

Hello folks, so I am trying to support our sister site in a different country, to this analysing one of their UR programs.

Unfortunately due to travel distance, time difference and urgency I have decided to work off the station’s backup in a URSim virtual environment.

The installation of the virtual system has been successful so far, however when I try to restore the backup nothing happens, i.e. it does not restart or do anything, as shown in attached picture.

Can someone please help.

Hi @jefferson.delanyo7,

Backup/restore and system update is functionality the is tightly couple to the OS. URSim and the actual robot differs here, so it is only the robot that supports it.
You could copy the content from the physical robot to the URSim to analyze it.

Best regards
Ebbe

Hello @Ebbe ,
So when you say copy the content, you mean just the program file and install file?

And also would doing this mean lost of PLC inputs/outputs being shown in virtual environment?

Thanks.

Yes, and potential variable files and URCaps.

I am not sure what you mean with the PLC inputs/outputs?

FYI. If you use the Support File button in the Log Tab of the physical robot, you will get a file with all programs, installations etc. :slight_smile:
Except for URCaps and network settings.

1 Like

Thanks,

The UR station was connected to another station’s PLC for further communication and could see the I/O’s being used in the I/O setup page, i.e. GPbi would show the variable related to it on the other PLC side.

Anyway, with me still being a total novice :slight_smile: how does one copy over the URCaps files?

Better still how can I pull all these files from the .urb file of the station.

Thanks a lot.

Hello again efn,

I have been able to get the support file, which came out as a .zip file,
but for some odd reason I am struggling to unzip file to then transfer to the virtual environment.
When ever I try to extract file, it extracts the individual files as archives, attaching photo to try and make sense.

Could you pl
screenshot
ease share how you would go about this, Thanks.

You’re on the right track. It’s an Inception zip folder. :slight_smile: It’s an archive inside an archive.

Just extract the robot_configuration and you will have your programs folder as well as urcontrol folder. These two are basically what’re needed for restoring a robot’s configuration and programs (without URCaps and network settings sadly).

EDIT: You can transfer the programs folder to the virtual environment to have all programs etc. Configuration (calibraton) should not be transferred.

1 Like

Did the trick, thanks efn :slight_smile: .