Protective Stops for Scraping/Pushing Applications

Hi, I’ve been exploring using a UR10 to help a human perform pulling/pushing tasks along rough coarse platform. That is I am dragging or pushing my custom tool over the rough/uneven surface and this causes frequent protective stops. Question is, how should I set up the system to minimize these stops? Imaging pushing or pulling chalk on an inclined chalkboard you would get some jumps which are ok but the system doesn’t like it. Yes I could look at the forces with a force torque sensor at the tool to ease up but is there an easier/lazier way…???

Adjusting safety limits is probably the easiest way.
Another option would be to add compliance system to the tooling so the robot does not ‘feel’ the bumps / skips

Is this a UR10 or UR10e (big difference - UR10e has built-in FT sensor)? :slight_smile: It does sound like you’re using a CB3 UR10.

You haven’t mentioned how you’re doing it now. Can you send a screenshot of your program?
You will have to use a Force node to achieve that without protective stops or putting unnecessary wear on the robot (or a mechanical solution as WattsUp mentions). It will also be possible to do this with a CB3 UR10 but it will be a bit rougher when using Force.