Protective stop from "safe home"

I have a UR10e that is hung from a gantry. At the end of the day we send it to “safe home” then shut off power. On start up the next day we get a protective stop Wrist2 fault when moving to the work start position, about every other day. The brake on wrist2 remains locked, even when using “free drive” sometimes a lite tap on the the wrist releases, but most of the time it takes several power cycles to release brake. During normal operation the UR will keep moving without this initial problem. I have moved the “safe home” position several times and verified we are not close to any limits. The sanding tooling is not very heavy. The UR10e is inverted. Visual inspection of the joints and brakes on wrist2 look very clean, Have been in operation for about 1 and 1/2 years. Will replacing the brake solve issue or some other cause?

Are you shutting down the robot with its power button or killing power to the system?
Is there a reason you do a full power down every day? the robots don’t pull very much power

We are shutting down with power button then disconnect is pulled. Operations had gotten used to this process on other machinery.

have you load the assistance file in UR logviewer ? may be you can find some indication about this issue.

i had a similar problem, it turned out to be a bad capacitor on the board in the wrist. look for burn marks and bad soldering.

I inspected and the brake area in the wrist is clean. No burn marks observed.

I have production not to use power button on shutdown and to use the menus behind the hamburger icon to shutdown only. I should have information early next week if startups improve.

hello, I have a similar problem with UR5 wrist 1, protective stop happened when start up UR5.The brake of wrist1 seems not released even when use free drive.
This UR5 was shut off everyday, sometimes by shut off power switch of whole line.
Do you mean that full power off every day will lead to this problem?
Thanks!