Program start not working

I am currently trying to start up a machine that has 3 URs, a UR3, UR10, and UR20. The PLC is a Allen Bradley 5069 Compact GuardLogix. I have the Ethernet communications on, IP addresses set, and can send outputs from my PLC to the robots and receive inputs back from the robots.

My issue is that when I send the boolean bit to start the program the UR10 and UR20 do nothing while the UR3 actually starts the program. I will attach screenshots of the IO setup on all 3 robots. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Have you enabled Remote Mode in the settings menu? :slight_smile: And then using Remote Mode instead of Local/Manual?
Could be a a question of the PolyScope version maybe. The UR3e might be running an earlier version, which didn’t have the same requirements for remote starting the program.

1 Like

They all have remote mode enabled when I go to start the program, my screenshots werent in remote mode when I had them on my URSIM.

I updated all of the robots when I got them to 5.16.0

Then I don’t know. The URs seem to be set up right. Are you giving the robots enough time to initialize and load the program, before you send the start command?

If the first waypoint in the program differed from the current position of the robot, you would have seen a screen prompting you to press and hold a button to align them.
Remote start methods such as IO and DashboardClient cannot automatically perform such process.

I suggest you to add
a = get_actual_tcp_pose()
movej(a, …)
at the biggining of the script(Before Start would be better)
and your next move commend must be “movej”

It would matches the current robot position to the first waypoint of the program.

1 Like

This ^^

We typically put a relative move to nowhere at the beginning of all our programs for this reason.

movel(pose_trans(get_actual_tcp_pose(), p[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]), a=1, v=1)
1 Like