Program correction using key-waypoints

Hello,

I’m currently trying to understand how key-waypoints correction works. I done everything step by step following calibration manual, but when it’s time to load program there is no any “correct waypoints” button or popup.

What i have been doing so far:

-write program using UR3e robot,
-copy program to offlineSIM to overwrite program (changing program S/N)
-go back to UR3e and using correction program define 4 key-waypoint about 3-5mm from original waypoint

and at this point I assume the correction model has been created but when I’m trying to open program there is no popup for correction waypoints.

I will be grateful for any advice.

Are you speaking in some other Robot’s language like Fanuc or Kuka? I’m not sure what you mean by “key waypoint.” It sounds like you’re describing the use of Features to shift the entire program by some amount. You wouldn’t get any popup when trying to do this, it would just shift all the points (provided they were taught to the Feature you’re trying to shift).

This is about callibration for example after replace the joint of UR. After this process sometimes robot miss original waypoint for few mm. Callibration by key-waypoints teoretically helps with it.

It is documented in chapter 3 of the calibration manual https://www.universal-robots.com/download/manuals-e-series/calibration/calibration-manual-e-series/

I have also tried to use it but not in a successful way. I want to use it in a case when a robot has changed characteristics after a repair. The response was then that it could not be used for a program on the same unit (seems to check serial number of robot embedded in the URP program).

I have also tried, as you Filip, between a physical robot and a program generated in a simulator. It didn’t behave as I expected in this trial either.

Any light on this feature is appreciated.