Polyscope Update Protocol

I have been asked the question and I do not know the correct answer about when performing Polyscope updates on the real robot is it necessary to install every single update or can you simply load the latest update?

For example, if my robot is currently on 3.3.3.292 and I want to update it to 3.4.5.100, do I need to do 3.3.4, 3.4.0, 3.4.1, 3.4.2, 3.4.3, 3.4.4 one after the other or can I simply install 3.4.5.100 and get all of the features of each prior release?

We have always performed them in sequence but as we have some older robots in the field that come back in from time to time it would be nice to know if there was a faster way to do it?

As far as I know, it is sufficent to update to each minor version (e.g. 3.3.x), you can skip the patches.
I recently updated a robot from 3.0 to 3.4.5 by using 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and then 3.4 without any issues (still takes some time).
You just shouldn’t skip minor versions.

2 Likes

Thanks for that information, could save us some considerable time since we have robots in the field operating on 3.3 releases.

Hello, I’m borrowing the topic as this is pretty closely related to Polyscope Update Protocol.

Our customer was updating from 3.3. to 3.4, and he reported that the robot faced some issue during the update and just shutdown itself during the updating. This caused the software update to fail and the robot is now unable to start on it’s own.

Therefore, should we bring it back to 3.3. with robot image, and then update to 3.4. and 3.5 with normal updates, or could we go directly to 3.5. with the robot image software?

Hi Timo, no problem to go straight to 3.5 if you’re using the full disk image, It’s just the .urup updates that need to be performed sequentially.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.