Palletizing with a Ewellix LIFTKIT

Hi all,

So I am fairly new to UR Robotics and robotics in general. We have a UR10e on the Ewellix lift kit with the UR Cap. I am using the pallet wizard to make a pallet that is 8 layers tall with boxes 160mm tall. However, above layer 4 the base will need to raise in order to stack the top of the pallet- (We have 2 other robots running CB3 robots with the older SKF version of the actuating base that run and were originally programmed by a third party in 2017 and don’t utilize the pallet wizard so I cannot use them for reference)

I know that the base will have to be raised in order to do the higher layers of the pallet because of the CB3 lines we have. In order to complete this what would be the easiest approach to take?

I know that I cannot simply tell the base to go up as it is running the pallet wizard because it would change the locations of the boxes for the layers above where it moved.

My other thought was to just move it up and run as another pallet for the upper layers. I appreciate any help. Thank you!

HI all,
I have a similar project. Did you find a solution for this?

explain your project. what you may be able to do is update the feature the pallet wizard is referencing based on the height change from your 7th axis.

you could change the z pos of the feature used in the palletizer each layer, but imo, that always takes the same or more lines anyways.

I would just loop the 2d palletizer pattern 8 times, raising the lift each time and call it a day

Hey All,
So, The project I’m working on is just a palletizer cell. the system is designed in such a way that the conveyor is in front of the robot and it palletizes boxes on pallets on either side. the problem is the range of robot. So, basically the robot can only do 2 layer and then needs to be raised up(with ewellix LIFTKIT) but there wasn’t any way to interrupt the pallet template to give the liftkit command to raise up.
The workaround for the problem that I’m using is with a variable that would increment in ACTION AFTER PALLETIZING and an if condition to check the variable value and if variable’s 1 (which it would be after doing 2 layers) the liftkit actuates to the same height as of 2 layers and then the robot runs the palletizing template again and will do 2 more layers. the only thing would be pick position after the LIFTKIT is raised, which could also be changed with IF or Switch condition.

There are solutions to this available in the UR+ eco-system. If you are willing to use a UR+ certified software to solve this without the need of programming, the Ewellix lifting column is natively integrated in the Pally palletizing software (UR+ | Pally Palltizing Software - Universal Robots).

The software algorithms automatically calculates when it’s smartest to move the lifting column, can move the lifting column simultanously while moving the robot, making for smarter and faster palletizing with less strain on the robot and no need for custom coding.

Disclaimer: I work for the company behind the software - just so you are aware. But that doesn’t change the software will solve your needs.