Palletizing moving to wrong position in program

Hello,
we’ve been having issues with the palletizing function moving to different positions in program vs. when pressing the move to button.
This seems to be caused by the fact that the palletizing node stores the coordinates of the selected feature in the .urp file separate from all the other nodes, however in our program this did not get updated at some point when we modified the coordinate system (I don’t know if it usually does). The robot seems to use the correct one when you press the move to button but when you run a program it seems to use the stored (possibly not updated) version of the feature.
In my opinion the palletizing node should ether not store the values separate from the other nodes or update them before the program starts without the need to recreate the node or rerun the wizard (which we didn’t use).
Reselecting the TCP and the feature in the node did note update the pose. The only way to update them without recreating the node (for us not an option due to the inability to select the same counter variable name when creating a new one) was to edit the .urp file.

Here is the section of the .urp file where the coordinate system did not get updated:

<Contributed strategyClass="AtEachPositionNode" strategyProgramNodeType="At Each Item" strategyURCapDeveloper="Universal Robots" strategyURCapName="polyscope-pallet-impl">
                            <dataModel>
                              <data key="currentWizardState" value="MANUAL"/>
                              <data key="selectedPattern" value="7b80251f-315b-4bf6-97d4-0056bf09942b"/>
                              <data key="selectedPosition" value="92ddb103-3381-47ca-9fe7-949415e75901"/>
                              <Pose key="refBaseToFeature">
                                <Position key="posePosition">
                                  <Length key="X" value="0.5563486611794253" unit="M"/>
                                  <Length key="Y" value="-0.11471354555288531" unit="M"/>
                                  <Length key="Z" value="0.050069518579945266" unit="M"/>
                                </Position>
                                <Rotation key="poseRotation">
                                  <Angle key="RX" value="0.6161703039358596" unit="RAD"/>
                                  <Angle key="RY" value="-0.6172817277217373" unit="RAD"/>
                                  <Angle key="RZ" value="-1.4829483704218833" unit="RAD"/>
                                </Rotation>
                              </Pose>
                              <Pose key="refPose">
                                <Position key="posePosition">
                                  <Length key="X" value="0.5428590067063483" unit="M"/>
                                  <Length key="Y" value="-0.19815797040675673" unit="M"/>
                                  <Length key="Z" value="0.17964172854823848" unit="M"/>
                                </Position>
                                <Rotation key="poseRotation">
                                  <Angle key="RX" value="-1.7564552858156206" unit="RAD"/>
                                  <Angle key="RY" value="1.7594340364426009" unit="RAD"/>
                                  <Angle key="RZ" value="-0.7323874737894909" unit="RAD"/>
                                </Rotation>
                              </Pose>

Specifically the refBaseToFeature pose did not get updated in our case, the refPose I am not sure if it did.

This also seems to be the Problem in this and this thread

Other infos:
Robot: UR10e (10kg payload version)
Software version: 5.11.1.108318 (later versions don’t mention changes to palletizing)
URcaps installed: RemoteTCP and Robotiq gripper

Stay Healthy and greetings from Germany
Oli

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem, where the point coordinates are not being updated on the program, and I also have a depalletizing function. How do I edit the urp. file?

When I press the move to button it runs to the right position. However, when the program runs, it runs to the wrong position. I have tried deleting the waypoint and saving the file, however, no success. I do not want to redo the whole program.

I understand you made this post a few years ago, but I look forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Haris

Hi,
First of all you need to copy the file over to a PC and then
you have to open the .urp file using 7zip then extract the one file that is inside of the urp file.
You should now have a file that ends with .urp and one that does not have any file ending.
Delete or move the .urp file and rename the file without ending to be a .urp file.
Now you can open it using for example VSCode or any other simple editor like Notepad++ and it should display like any other xml file.
Then you have to search for the section shown in my first post (if you have multiple palletizing nodes check that you are editing the correct one) and update the Position to the new one.
If you then copy this file back to the ur you can open it normally using Polyscope.
If you then save the file using Polyscope it does not compress it again so for any further editing it is sufficient to open the file directly and skip the 7zip procedure.
Beware I do not take any responsibility if this leads to anything other than the desired outcome. Editing urp files is something you should only do when you really know what your’re doing.
I hope this was helpfull.
Best regards
Oli

This is indeed still a bug in Polyscope. It’s not working properly when editing a Palletize node. You’ll have to reteach it completely.