Palletizing in Subroutine - NullPointerException

When using the palletizing function in a subroutine, everything works as expected until you close and reopen the program. This includes restarting the controller.

After reopening the file, variables relating to the palletizing template are automatically renamed. This causes NullPointerException errors and a total breakdown of the palletizing function, and I have not been able to recover by reassigning the original variables… the only way to fix is to delete the palletizing node and add/configure it again.

This occurs in the sim for both 5.12.5 and 5.13.

Reading the forums, it looks like I am not the first person with this problem, but I have not been able to find a solution.

Original program (It worked!)

Config screen for pallet node - notice Name is Pallet_1

Error on reloading the program

Config screen for pallet node - notice Name is Pallet_2 now

Error message appears in the config screen for any child of the Pallet_2 node

Yeah I’ve seen at least one other person with this problem. It’s an issue on UR’s end, there’s not likely going to be anything you can do about it except trying to update Polyscope (if possible) and hoping it got fixed. Otherwise, you’ve done what you’re supposed to by using the “Report a Bug” tag.

Depending on how easy your palletizing sequence is, you may be able to implement your own functions which just shift a Feature around. That’s about all the Palletizing stuff is doing under the hood anyway. I’ve done this before with success.