Multiple EOATs together

Hello!

I wonder how to cope with using two different EOATs at the same time that both require the 8 pin connector?
Any suggestions?

By “same time” do you mean in the same job? If so, there are many automatic toolchangers on the market that can swap the tool mid cycle for you. Otherwise, we usually just run another cable down the length of the robot if we additional IO.

Yes in the same job, both will be active at the same time, and both require the 8 pin connector

What are the 2 tools? Both grippers? Are they controlled by a CAP, is that why they require the ToolIO port? I don’t see how you can use 2 tools on the same port unless it was designed to do that, like some of Robotiq’s dual ended grippers. Otherwise you’d have 2 sources controlling the outputs, 2 things reacting to the inputs, etc. Robotiq uses the RS485 I think so they can work a little magic with behind the scenes logic

I´d like to use a material remover and a dosing unit at the same time, yes they are both controller by a cap, thats where I´m struggling.

Yeah I would say you aren’t going to be able to do this. Unless the CAPs allow you to configure what inputs/outputs they use, I would say it’s not feasible.

are you using commercially available EOATs? can you tell us what they are? The power supply in the end-of-arm connector is usually the limiting factor.

Robotiq makes a splitter for running 2x of their grippers, but i dont know enoough about RS485 to know exactly how theyre doing the dual control