java.lang.NullPointerException

Steps to reproduce:
Renaming Item Counter in Palletizing Template

Expected Behavior:
Program should automatically recognize name change in the Item Counter

Actual Behavior:
Once the Item Counter Variable is changed, the Exception is thrown by the robot.

Workaround Suggestion:
Don’t know how to solve this issue.

Robot Serial Number:

Affected Version(s):

Perhaps something in your program got corrupted? I just tried to rename the counter variable in URsim and a physical robot (both on 5.16.0) and was unable to reproduce. I also tried with “Remember last item location” toggled both on and off.

Thank you for the reply and trying that for us. It happened twice and it was after we completely programmed all the items and the approach and exit points, ran a couple of times. When you tried in the sim did you have the program completed or were you at the beginning of the template?

I had the pallet template completed, let it run for a couple iterations, then tried renaming the item counter. With the “Remember last item location” both on and off I was able to re-run the program without any nullPointerException’s being thrown.

Are you using the Palletizing inside a Subprogram by chance?

No, this is just a single palletizing program by itself. There is one thing that I did that could be causing the issue. I am using the item counter to decide which orientation to pick the part at the pick location. I have to pick the part in one of two orientations (180deg offset) based on the item counter and where it goes in my irregular pallet pattern. So I have an if else statement to look at the item counter to see if it belongs to one of two groups. This may have caused the template to go haywire when I renamed the counter in the palletizing template while I still had the item counter being called out above the palletizing node where I do my initial pick from the fixture.