How often to reboot controller?

UR robots absolutely have issues when you don’t reboot for a while.

That might be a bit much, but a week seems reasonable. I boot mine “as necessary” when it starts getting stupid and forgetting things (couple weeks).

I see weird things when I don’t reboot, including and especially a system slow-down mostly noticeable in the File Dialog.

If I don’t reboot every couple weeks or so the File Dialog slows way down. We’re talking literally almost 10 seconds for the File dialog box just to open. I use that box sometimes a dozen times a day or more.

I’m not sure if your issue is related to the same thing as mine but I do know that I have the same issue on two UR10e’s and it is absolutely related to the number of files in the file dialog.

Every time you edit a file and save it, Polyscope creates a backup file for it, numbered from 0 to 9, so there are as many as 10 backup files for each URP file. I probably have 800 or 900 files at this point (I have dozens of different jobs, many with multiple programs.

It needs to be addressed. UR is looking at losing at least one customer over this nonsense.

1 Like