Ethernet/IP - OMRON PLC

Hi all,

I am having some difficulty connecting a UR10e to a OMRON CJ2M PLC with Ethernet/IP.

I did find the help article with some sample files and the EDS file, however the EDS file doesn’t seem to match for connecting the robot. Has anyone had any success with this?

I did also try pulling the EDS file from the robot directly but that also lead to a dead end.

If anyone can provide any tips, tricks, or support I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for that. I don’t believe we are using the Sysmac software package. We are using the CX-One series for programming software but I will still send you an email as the document might still get me closer.

Thank you!

I would like to fave this document. Try to connect my Omron NX102 with the robot and still have alarm on the PLC side (“Establishing a tag data link connection failed.”)

Thanks

I had to get a different EDS file to get my integration working. I would assume you have the same problem. Maybe @bba can send you the one he sent me.

After that its smooth sailing.

Best of luck.

My connection now is good. The problem was the data size between the 2 equipment. Now I am stuck again. Cannot exchange data between them. Read the Ethernet Guide with Rockwell and try to adapt to Omron.

What is the Data type should I use? In the guide, the sens an L5X file.

What is the equivalent of the CPS in Sysmac? The CIP instruction? CIP is for class 3 connection but in the UR manual they mention only Class 1.

I don’t have expereience with the NX series or sysmac so I can’t say for sure.

With the CJ series, you just setup the device using the Network Configurator, then create a CHANNEL symbol in the symbol table with the same name as the tag input that was used.

So if my tag file is labeled FromCobot on the network configurator, I create a FromCobot symbol with the data size of half of the size of the tag.

Network Configurator: FromCobot (Size: 480)
PLC Symbol: FromCobot (Size:240)

This is only due to one using bytes and the other using words. Again, sysmac might be different.

Thanks Wilsonm for your help. But yes Sysmac is different.

I am also new with UR. Have you the document that bba send to you ? can you send it to me.

dmassicotte@cmp-ams.com

If you are using Sysmac then here is a link where the Omron specific files can be downloaded :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/173x6GRGIgR-axjvBB_bM75RIioNk7EKh/view?usp=sharing

Hi All,

I have used the google drive link and resources above to successfully establish a connection from an NX1P2 Omron plc in sysmac to a UR5 Cobot.

My issue is that when I have use it in conjunction with an onrobot rg2 gripper I get the an error.

"Please resolve the following issue before continuing

• Cannot synchronize inputs from PLC to UR Controller.
    Please check if another URCpa is controlling the inputs."

Does anyone know how I can use both the URCap for the Onrobot gripper while also having the ethernet/IP Adapter running?

Hi!

I have problems to comunicate sysmac with a UR3 (CB3). I do not know why, but the sysmac can not conect with the robot. Is possible something relationed with .eds version?

I can not open a google drive folder

Thank you

Hi BBA,

Do you still have the specified files of Omron Sysmac for UR5e?

We are now facing the difficulty with communicating between NX102 and UR5e.

thank you so much.

Hi BBA,

Can i have this. I doing a project UR10 with Omron NX Series.
(cant open google drive u shared)

ilyas@amcsystem.com.my

Thanks

HI BBA,

I seem to have the same issue as the ones above me here.
This is my first e-series and the registers does not seem to match up with the EDS-file and registers I’ve used on the CB3 cobots.
I would appreciate it greatly if I could have your file and see if it works for meg.
Thanks in advance

Here is a link where you can download. If this doesn’t work then let me know :
Omron - Google Drive

1 Like

Hi! I’m setting up an Ethernet/IP connection between an Omron NX1P PLC and a UR10CB (E-Series) robot. I’m a beginner in this area and I can’t find the EDS file. Could someone provide it to me? Also, I appreciate any information about this topic. Thank you very much!

Hi,
All the guidance and files are listed above in the link where you can download the files. The EDS file is in the support portal as well as some general guidance :
Ethernet IP guide - 18712 - collaborative robots support

This is as much support as we can provide.

Good morning!
Yes, I found them after a little while more searching! Sorry and thank you very much!