Error Code C740A0

Hello

There was an error in my E-series robot
The error code is C740A0: Critical error
How can I solve this?

The I/O connector was removed, the robot power cable was checked, and the software was upgraded to version 5.9.1.

Still can’t solve it.

Hi,

Are you using a OEM DC controller?

I am having the same error code. Ur10e, robotiq 2f140 gripper and vention linear rail. The code appears on startup, just after robot initialization. The controller is OEM

Hi @gegardne,

Try to replace the energy eater to see whether it is helpful.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply but I’m not sure what you mean by energy eater. I have found that the gripper is causing the fault - when it is removed the robot is able to boot without error. However, I still don’t understand why it started causing this issue in the first place. To begin troubleshooting, I’m trying to update polyscope from 5.5 to 5.11, however I am getting another error screen that says “Universal robots rescue: failure mounting drive”- I’ve tried to download again, but the same issue with both downloads.

Hi Gegardne,

I suggest you to contact the local distributor which you buy from for these service issues.

Thanks

gegardne, have you figured out the “failure mounting drive” issue? I am experiencing the same problem trying to update from 5.11.1 to 5.11.5.

Hi Carter.

I’m also getting the “failure mounting drive” error.
Did you ever solve the problem?

Best Regards Casper

Hi Casper,

I was able to install the update by removing any other flash drives from the robot control box, aside from the Robotiq memory stick (if your robot uses one) and the drive used to install the update. I had another drive in the second control box port, and after removing it, the update went smoothly.

Hope this helps!

Hi Carter.
Thanks for the update, will try it at some point today.
Best Regards Casper.

Hi guys.
I also had the “failure mounting drive” error. All I did was use an other usb stick and it worked.

I don´t know, what the problem with the first stick is, because Poliscope can find the update file on the stick and also the magic files are working…

Cheers
Sebastian

So I tried something: I copied all data of the not working stick to my hard drive, formated the stick (same file system like before) and put all data back to the stick. Aaaaaaand it is working, too. So there must have been some strange issues with the stick…

Hi sya,

one of my customers is having this error code with a OEM DC controller. Right from unpacking the robot. He only installed a Teach Pendant and checked it in the installation and restarted the controller.