Error Code C296A1

Hi everyone,

We recently moved a UR5e that has been sitting idle for about a year. I was not working here (or with robots) the last time this was powered on and was just told “it was operational” before getting it in place to start with the new palletizing operation I am starting. The robot was previously hooked up to a pre-made depalletizing station. We had disconnected all of the features that were hooked up to it as we more or less just wanted to start with a fresh robot.

Whenever we went to start it today, the teach pendant and control box had turned on, but the light in the control box for “robot power” was unlit. The pendant said “fault” when I tried to start the robot and threw error code “C296A1: SCB IO failed to
power on”.

The troubleshooting guide states “Ensure the IO Power Connector on the Safety Control Board is connected to the 24VDC” but can somebody clarify what this means for me? I have ensured that the safety IO terminal block is wired correctly, tightened down, and in, yet it still throws the error.

Perhaps I am just misunderstanding? Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Did you have an external power supply for the previous application, so the jumpers are missing on the “Power” IO block?

Additionally, I would recommend checking the fuse in the control cabinet. Make sure it isn’t blown, and that there isn’t corrosion on the legs.

We had found that was indeed the problem. We were investigating and our terminal block was fried. We were trying to remove the external supply as we thought it was just being used for the switch.

Hi Thomas.

Could you please elaborate on how you solved this problem

Hello. I faced the same situation. Could you please describe in more detail the cause of the malfunction and the methods of its repair.

Each of you should talk to your distributor about this issue so that if there is a hardware failure, they can quickly assist in ordering new parts. If you see this error, there’s a few options:

1. If you are using the internal power supply, ensure you have jumpers like the image above running from PWR-to-24V and from GND-to-0V.

2. If you are using an external 24V power supply, ensure that the 24V and 0V outputs from the supply are connected to the proper 24V and 0V inputs on the robot. Also, make sure you remove the jumpers from PWR-to-24V and GND-to-0V. The operating range from an external supply is 20V-29V, and a max of 6A current. Make sure you’re in this operating range.

3. If your connections are correct and your equipment is properly rated, and you still receive this error, there is likely a hardware issue. You should create a case in myUR, and your distributor can help with ordering the parts.
    myUR