Connecting Arduino with UR3e

Hello,
I am trying to get UR3e to communicate with Arduino but don’t know how to. I want UR3e to move according to the output voltages of the temperature sensor of Arduino. I am fairly new to Arduino and confused as to how to connect these two. Can I just connect Arduino with UR3e as shown in the image below?
circuit

It is not quite as simple as that. The UR I/O operates at 24V and the Arduino at 5V. If you connect 24V to the 5V Vin to power the Arduino, you will kill the Arduino.
So you will need an adapter to convert 24V to 5V to power the Arduino.
Or use an external 5V supply for the Arduino. In this case, you must remember to connect 0V from the UR to the Arduino’s GND to be able to exchange signals.

Next, I am not sure if you want to have an analog signal or a digital signal from the Arduino to the UR.
You will run into the same issue as above with voltages with a digital signal. You could, however, connect a digital output (5V) from the Arduino to the analog input of the UR and set the analog input to 0-10V. Then you should be able to recognize the 5V signal. This might also allow you to set a PWM voltage 0-5V from the Arduino and pick it up in the UR, but you will have to test that.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply! From what you said, connecting Arduino to an external power source sounds less complex. And about connecting 0v from UR to Arduino GND, can I connect UR’s analog output to Arduino’s GND and set that value as 0 or should I connect configurable output’s 0V to GND?
Will this be okay?

Well. You should probably take AG from analog input instead. :slight_smile: That’s my bad. I’m not entirely sure AG and 0V (CO and DO) are connected, though, so if you want to connect digital signals, you might have to connect UR 0V (CO or DO) to Arduino GND.