Changing the currently loaded program using digital/analog Inputs

Is it possible to change the current robot loaded program with another one using external inputs?

In my application I would like to be able to change frequently the Cobot position, for that intention I’d like to install it in a specific predefined platform equipped with a QRcode and a QRscanner attached to the board inputs.

Now, could I use the input ports to which the scanner is connected to change the currently loaded program to the one specified with the platform QRcode?

I know I could run different subprograms and calling them with a simple if(QRscanner_input1 = true) or a switch/case routine, but that would consist in a unique big and confused program, which effects the modularity of the application in a bad way.

Thanks in advance for the help
Best Regards

You can use Dashboard Server e-Series, port 29999 - 42728 with properly formatted string.

1 Like

Thank you for the fast reply, I’ll try to implement the connection and I’ll let you know if the problem is solved.

Kind regards

Hola buenos días
Que tal fue la experiencia con Dashboard Server, fue exitosa?

El cambiar de programa en el robot no se puede hacer de forma más sencilla con un script del tipo load “nombre de programa”.urp o algún “Call” que llame a otro programa fuera del principal.
Pueden convivir sin problemas en un sistema el socket de control remoto dashboard server y a la vez usar profinet con el mismo plc?

Muchas gracias por compartir la experiencia