What is the preferred python library for PC communication with the robot? RTDE, or UR-RTDE, etc?

I am a bit confused by the variety of near-identical Python libraries I am finding for ethernet connections with the robot. The RTDE library (GitHub - UniversalRobots/RTDE_Python_Client_Library: RTDE client library and examples) might be the official one. But, the first result that I get from Google is the UR-RTDE library (Examples — ur_rtde 1.5.6 documentation), and its documentation appears more comprehensive.

But, for the UR_RTDE library, I’m seeing conflicting information on if it’s “UR-RTDE” or “UR_RTDE”, as the pip install is “ur-rtde”, and the actual import I need for it is “rtde_receive”.

So, what is the official, preferred library for this? The only data that I need from the robots is the joint angle. I believe the command for that is getActualQ() in both libraries - but only the ur-rtde library has an explicit example of that, whereas the RTDE library does not. The Universal Robotics RTDE library documentation does have an “actual_q”, but that may be the C++ version rather than the Python version.

Normally I would test the connections with the robots - but I work off-site, and any such connection testing is liable to disrupt production. So, any help straightening me out would be greatly appreciated.