Using a hanging robot with the Keyence Robot Vision System

Hello,

we use a Keyence Camera to recognice the picking position on a conveyor belt and send it to the robot. After we changed the position of the robot, so the robots hangs on the wall instead of a platform, the problem with the calibration started.

As a result the basic coordinates system isnt the same and the calibration cant be done right. Now the z-axis is the x-axis and the y-axis is is the x-axis

Through this the calibration plane isnt parallel to the conveyor beltbut vertical.

Had someone the same problem and know a solution?

Hi,

I am not an expert on that camera system, but I believe, should be able to define a plane where you want to work in the features tab in the installation node and calibrate the camera system with respect to that plane instead of calibrating it with respect to the base. And of course you have to work with respect to that plane.

Or you use SensoPart VISOR, a 2D robot camera that “thinks” in 3D, uses 3D poses for the calibration and returns real 3D poses. You can find it in the UR+ portfolio. With that camera, this is not an issue and very easy to realize.

Best regards

Klaus

Thanks for the information. I also thought with the own defined plane but i dont know how i can teach this plane to the camera software. The workers from Keyence have not yet have this setup with UR either, so they couldnt help me.

Unofrtunately the SensoPart Visor is no solution because we bought the other camera system.