USB Clone for 6 recently purchased UR10, all serial number are same as the clone version

I used USB Clone for 6 recently purchased UR10, wanted to reduce time on installing VNC Server on all
control box, but now all the serial number shown on UR interface are the same as the clone version.

What should I do if I want to submit a warranty request on the robot arm but the log serial number are incorrect?

I don’t think doing that was a very good idea, since each robot also has its own robot arm calibration files and everything stored individually.
I’m not sure how much is transfered to the arm from the backup today, since the actual calibration is stored in the robot arm itself, but there might be other important data for each robot lost (maybe a UR representative can inform us of this).
But you might have an issue, if all 6 robot arms have received the same calibration files.
EDIT: Above is only if you’re talking about UR10e robots. If you’re talking about CB3 robots, then the calibrations will have been overwritten. Then you should contact a UR distributor to get them to contact UR to have the original calibration files sent to you, so you can transfer them to each robot again.

Anywho, to answer your question: I would access the robot with FTP and delete the log file (log_histore.txt) and serial number (ur-serial) files in /root. Then restart the robot, and you should be prompted to enter the serial number manually.
The robot “should” also make a new log file, but I am unsure of this.

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed reply, then I must’ve made a huge mistake on overwriting all the data without backup :smiling_face_with_tear:

It’s not something that can’t be fixed. :slight_smile: It’s fairly easy to move the calibration files to the controller again.

1 Like

If you write me the serial numbers of the robots in a private message, I’ll get you the calibration files and write you a guide on how to transfer them to the robots again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your help, please check your private message :smiling_face: