Uploading a URscript with usb to teach pendant

I am using a spiral search urcap and the urcap limited a feature that, for my purposes, needed to be changed. So I modified a script that I grabbed from a program written on the teach pendant utilizing the urcap but when I uploaded the script it gave me an error and I was told that I first need to remove the urcap from the pendant. So i did and now I am getting another error saying the script is flawed but I only changed the value of a single variable and then uploaded it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

You sure the CAP didn’t write anything towards the top of the script? Like some installation node variables that now no longer exist?

Okay so the code is the same as when the URcap was installed and used a node from it. All I did to it was change a value of a variable in the URcap.

Without seeing the script, or without an actual error, we probably won’t be able to help too much. There’s really no way to tell what could be wrong in CAP that has been removed. It’s entirely possible that this CAP started an RPC server when loaded that the script makes calls to. Once you remove the CAP, the server doesn’t get started, so the script you copied gets mad because it can’t make its XMLRPC call to a server that was never started.