Tool z axis always paralell to x-and y-axis

Hey,

Is there a possibility to keep to TCP z-axis always parallel to the x-y-plane of the Basis as a safety setting?

Thanks for your answers
Albert

Yes. You can find this in the Safety section of the pendent.

Specifically the Tool Direction and Tool Position sections

hi, thanks for your answer!

i knew that setting. but i do not find any way to limit the tool position in staying parallel (/±5°) to x-y-axis as safety setting.
the tool is to grip for example a open flask that is on top of a table an needs to stay in this position, so the fluid is not spilled all over the surface.
maby thats displaying my problem better :slight_smile:

So it’s using the screen you can see in my picture. You just have to know how to set it up.

First: You need to create a Plane Feature to set the direction of your restriction. For the sake of this example, I’ll pretend you’ve got a knife on the end of the tool flange, and you’re pointing it straight down at the surface the robot is mounted to. In other words, I will construct a Plane with Base orientation, but give it an RX of 180 degrees such that Z is pointing straight down.

Select this UpsideDown Feature and choose the Tool Flange as the TCP and confirm the safety settings. What you will find is the robot will not allow the TCP to tilt more than 5 degrees.

In your example if you want it parallel to the XY plane, you will need to make the Feature such that Z is pointing horizontally out, as opposed to up and down. And then depending on your Tool, you will likely need to edit a Tool Position in that section of Polyscope (mentioned in my previous post) in order to set the correct TCP.

Edit: I’ve tried for the last like hour to get you screenshots of your specific use case, but I can’t because the new Docker simulator crashes every 30 seconds. I was able to set up your scenario on my actual robot though. So it is possible, and this is how you do it.