Set waypoint via Free Drive

I have a very simple application that involves using the robot to grab a fastener and moving it to a working position for an operator. I would like the operator to be able to free drive the robot to a desired working position. Then once they do the operation it moves and picks a next fastener to move back to the last free driven position. Is this possible? thanks all!

I could be wrong, but I believe once the robot has been put in free drive you will be required to start from your “Home” position.

I would like the position it is in when the program is started to automatically become the new “Home” position.

Hi @rcharles,
you could do simply something like this :grinning:

# save current pose
home_pose = get_actual_joint_positions()

# do stuff
movel(...)

# go to home_pose
movej(home_pose)

I think this is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you!

Would this be carried out via a script or am I missing something? Thanks!

Here’s what it looks like in PolyScope. :slight_smile: Make an Assignment and write the script function as shown.

Later, when you want to move to the position, you make a Waypoint and change its type to Variable (upper right corner) and then pick the variable HomePos.

The RelativeStart waypoint I added allows the robot to start its program without moving to a waypoint first. It’s just a relative waypoint with zero movement.