Reading from Panasonic PLC using Ethernet/IP

Hello,

I am trying to communicate a UR5 Cobot with a Panasonic PLC using Ethernet/IP. I have followed this guide (which is written for Allen-Bradley PLC) and managed to use the write_output_integer_register() function to send an integer from the robot program to a register in the PLC.

However, I am not being able to read information from the PLC into the Cobot. In order to test this, I am writing some values into the PLC registers from my computer and having a Loop function in the Cobot run the function a := read_input_integer_register(Loop01) with Loop01 going from 0 to 47, which should be all the integer registers. Yet, the value of a never takes the values I wrote into the PLC from my computer. What is even more strange is that in the address 27, a takes on the value “33”, which I did not set up and can’t see anywhere on the registers.

Anybody have experience with Panasonic PLC and can help me with this?

Hi charly99,

have you managed to solve the problem, that you are not able to receive data from the PLC.
I was just browsing through this forum. Because I am having a similar problem using a Keyence PLC.

I can write data from robot to the PLC but I am not able to receive the data from the Keyence PLC.

Thanks!

Hi @ludwig ,

If you are using KV7500 PLC, it should work with UR successfully.

Do you use a e-series robot? If yes, perhaps you need to turn on the “remote control” mode to let your PLC write date to your robot.

Thanks

Hi @sya ,

Thanks for your reply.
I am using a UR5 CB robot and the PLC is a KV8000.
I believe if it works with an KV7500 it should also work with KV8000.

But let me try to put the robot in ‘Remote control’ and see whether it works.

Thank you.

Hi @ludwig ,

If you are using a CB robot, there is no “remote control” button for you to switch to but I am sure that KV7500 could work with UR5 CB3.1 well. There must be other reasons that you cannot write data to your robot with KV8000.

Thanks

Hi @sya ,

Yes, just realized it too that there is no ‘remote control’ button.
As what I can see, I believe the issue should be on the PLC side.

Thank you