Making a UR10 move using Beckhoff PLC

I have a project at my university, where we want to use a Beckhoff PLC to control a UR10, i am using Profinet for communication.
I am able to recive data from the UR, i can see that it change modes when i use the teach pedant.

But im unsure on how i can use my PLC to control the UR, do i have to make a robot program with different variables and send values from my PLC to them? I have looked at the pn-iomessage.pdf file, but i still havent been able to send data from my PLC.

Was wondering if there is a example somewhere, which explains how i need to setup my PLC project and my UR?

Hope someone can help a student with minimal experience with UR :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t help you with the PLC program and how you send data to the robot.

But when I use a PLC to “control” the UR, I do it by sending an integer register to the robot with a state value.
Then, in the UR program, I have a Switch command which switches between different cases with program sequences, and thus the PLC can control which sequence to play in the robot.

There are many ways to do it, though. You can also send coordinates to the robot through registers.

1 Like

I used that example when i got the communication up and running. But im somewhat confused about how i can make use of the IO’s and how i should link them to my program and the UR. But, all i need to link is this? As im using this in my GLV, or do i have to link more the this?
Kode for spm

Hello.
If you want to perform simple screen operations, it’s probably fine. For example, to link to a boolean register in a UR, you need to add an attached variable.
For your information.

1 Like

Ahh, okay. Now it makes sense, thank you! :slight_smile:

like 清水 誠 reacted to your message: