Hello, I am looking for a way to log protective stops, or safety mode changes as an installation variable. I noticed that “protective_stop” is already a defined variable in the installation and when I try to make an event for “protective_stop()” or a thread to act when a protective stop is triggered, all it does it cause a “testing purposes only” version of a protective stop. I cant seem to make it detect them during operation.
I realize I can check the log, but Id like to simplify this if possible and just have a single number that gets tracked over the course of months.
*update for clarity: I want to include an installation variable in the program itself so that when a protective stop is triggered, it will follow that branch of program and log the stop. This is why I have only tried adding it as an event or a thread.