PC can't find IP address of robot

Hi every body, hope you can help me. I’m in last project in my university
So i tried to connect robot UR3e with my laptop though a router using Ethernet/IP connection - using 2 LAN port one into the controller and one into my laptop . I did set up Static IP for UR3e 192.168.1.100 and set the same subnet mask with the router. But i still couldn’t ping IP address in cmd. It doesn’t work.
I really need some advice. Thanks you a lots.

Hello,

Do you know what EtherNet/IP is? :slight_smile: It is not an ethernet (TCP/IP) connection, but a communication protocol for communicating with external devices.
You should disable it, if you are “just” trying to ping the robot and not trying to set up an actual EtherNet/IP connection.

Also make sure your laptop has an identical IP address (ex 192.168.1.50). And you should disable your WiFi and other network connections when trying to ping the robot.

You should be able to ping the robot still, though.
Does the Network interface show “Network is connected”?

You might have to enable Remote Control.

Also check your settings in Secure Shell (enable SSH).

I’m not sure whether any of the above settings should stop you from pinging the robot, but give it a try. There are also some network relevant settings in Services:

1 Like

Thanks a lots for helping me. My English is not quite good so i just try to describe my problem is.
I’m need to connect my pc and UR3 robot for doing real-time robot ?. i watched some tutorial and try to connect, but i cant.
Ping IP of robot can let me know the pc and robot connected or not. And it still isn’t workings
i can’t find where i cant enable remote control, secure shell like you say. :frowning:

this is my teach pendant

Yeah, that’s my bad. You have a CB-model and not an e-model. Ignore everything I said before. :slight_smile:

From your image, it seems you are trying to connect with a wrong IP (WIFI connection instead of ethernet?).
Try to do the following:

1. Connect robot directly to PC with network cable and without a router
  2. Set robot IP 192.168.1.100, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 0.0.0.0
  3. Set PC ethernet network IP 192.168.1.90, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 0.0.0.0
  4. Disable WIFI on PC
  5. Try to ping again
1 Like

thanks you a lots, i will try right now

thanks you, i can connect the robot with my laptop already. :star_struck:
but my project is put every thing on a server so i wonder when we connect robot to server is that the same like we connect with PC

It should be the same with your server, yes. :slight_smile:

If you have a router between robot and server, you must use set up a correct gateway IP.
If you have a switch between robot and server, you cannot use gateway.

1 Like

Hello,
Depends on whether you connect to server, which is locally mounted in the same network, or on the cloud.
If you want to connect on the cloud, you have to open ports on the router for the robot.
Herewith, the best way what I found since now, is to connect with dhcp.
Regards,
Giorgi

1 Like

Thanks you a lots for helping me. Hope you help me if i have another questions :heart:

You are welcome,
Anytime.

1 Like

thanks you, if i have more question please help me. i will very appreciate :heart:

Thanks you a lots for helping me. Hope you help me if i have another questions :heart: