Offsetting a plane from another plane

So, planes in the installation file are all offset based on the base plane. While you can manually offset a plane from another one by selecting that certain plane on the dropdown menu and manually putting in the offset, I was wondering if there was a way to set them to reference each other. I’ll explain my scenario:

I have a plane where I am doing several movements. I then want to translate those exact movements in a spot 50mm in the -X direction. While I can create a second plane that is offset 50mm from the first, if ever I was to update the original plane, it would not update the second plane to be 50mm from that location because the second plane is still just refencing the base location. Is there a way to set up a plane so that it is referencing another, and if I were to update the plane it was referencing, it would translate the shift to the other plane. I know I am probably not making this as clear as I would like, but basically what I’m saying is I have 1 original plane, and nine other offset planes. I want to be able to adjust the original plane by 1mm +Y, or -X, or whatever, and it will update all the other planes automatically to match. Is this possible?

Hi @zacharytjohnson09,

You can do it by making a runtime assignment like:
Plane_2=pose_trans(Plane_1, p[-0.05,0,0,0,0,0])
that will make Plane_2 variable an offset version of Plane_1. So you can change Plane_1 and Plane_2 will follow. But the dropdowns in the move screen the Plane_2 selection is referring to the constant Plane_2 that is not changed.

Ebbe