New UR20 Announcement

I’m surprised UR hasn’t shared this yet.
UR20 Announcement

You can get the specification sheet on their website.

Whoever did that video needs to stop with flashing keywords while “typing” them on the screen during the beginning.

Made it really hard to read for my old eyes and I shut it off after about 15 seconds.

If it helps at all, the flashing keywords end after about 25 seconds, and all the good info comes after that as well :slight_smile:

@miwa i know there is only the current specification sheet posted on your webpage. I’m interested in learning and asking more technical questions about the UR20. I believe Kim at Automatica said these are coming some time next year, is there anyone I can reach out to at UR (or yourself included) to ask more technical questions about the new cobot.

Thanks!

@MikeM You can send me a message here with your email, and I can reach out to you to field your questions.

Hi Miwa…
Really looking forward to the extra reach…
But there have been no announcement if old URCaps for the e-series wil work on the new robot, and to what degree.
Is this something you can clarify?
Best Regards Casper

Hello,

Yes, you can expect your URCaps developed with the existing product line-up to function with the UR20.

Changes in the SDK and API for URCaps are outlined in software release notes. If a URCap is compatible with the current software version on the rest of the UR line-up when the UR20 is being delivered, it will also function on the UR20.