Mydaemon daemon fails to start

The sample hello-world.py daemon does not want to start for me.

What I did:

• downloaded sdk-1.0.0-23.zip
  • commented out the three executions in pom.xml that require scons - clean-daemon, compile-daemon, copy-daemon, since I don’t have scons and I just want to try the python daemon,
  • mvn install
  • copied the produced mydaemon-1.0-SNAPSHOT.urcap into /home/ur/ursim-current/programs.UR5 of a freshly installed URSim-3.3.3-292.rar virtual machine
  • installed the urcap in ursim, I see that the file is there /home/ur/ursim-3.3.3.292/GUI/felix-cache/bundle62/data/com/ur/urcap/examples/mydaemon/impl/daemon/hello-world.py
  • but in ursim gui in the installation tab My Daemon page it says “My Daemon failed”, clicking “Start Daemon” doesn’t seem to change anything

What am I missing? Is there a way to debug what’s going on?

1 Like

The same mydaemon-1.0-SNAPSHOT.urcap file works on the “URSim 3.3.0.145 Starter package.zip” virtual machine, though. So, I’ll just use that one.

1 Like

I solved this problem by running as root, but some other things aren’t maybe functioning right, but works to just test the damon.
cd ursim-current
sudo ./start-ursim.sh

hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip.

I can confirm that this is still an issue running URSim 3.4.3.77 on the Virtualbox image.

this is still an issue in march 2023