The sample hello-world.py daemon does not want to start for me.
What I did:
- downloaded sdk-1.0.0-23.zip
- commented out the three executions in pom.xml that require scons - clean-daemon, compile-daemon, copy-daemon, since I don’t have scons and I just want to try the python daemon,
- mvn install
- copied the produced mydaemon-1.0-SNAPSHOT.urcap into /home/ur/ursim-current/programs.UR5 of a freshly installed URSim-3.3.3-292.rar virtual machine
- installed the urcap in ursim, I see that the file is there /home/ur/ursim-18.104.22.1682/GUI/felix-cache/bundle62/data/com/ur/urcap/examples/mydaemon/impl/daemon/hello-world.py
- but in ursim gui in the installation tab My Daemon page it says “My Daemon failed”, clicking “Start Daemon” doesn’t seem to change anything
What am I missing? Is there a way to debug what’s going on?
The same mydaemon-1.0-SNAPSHOT.urcap file works on the “URSim 22.214.171.124 Starter package.zip” virtual machine, though. So, I’ll just use that one.
I solved this problem by running as root, but some other things aren’t maybe functioning right, but works to just test the damon.
hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip.
I can confirm that this is still an issue running URSim 126.96.36.199 on the Virtualbox image.