MoveIt! 2 Python example

I try to write a simple MoveIt2 script to navigate the robot to a certain position in the base coordinate system. Since i want to use python for it and the MoveIt! 2 tutorial has only exampels for ROS1 or ROS2 in C++ i struggle to get started with it.

Can anyone suggest me a tutorial which includes Universal Robots, Python, MoveIt2 and ROS2 Humble?
Even better would be a running example code.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey,

It might be confusion from my side, but don’t you literally link to an example with the Python interface?
MoviIt2 supports Universal Ronbots, but install the ROS2 driver from GitHub - UniversalRobots/Universal_Robots_ROS2_Driver: Universal Robots ROS2 driver supporting CB3 and e-Series
This repo also have a nice guide how to do this. Good luck.

• Asger

Hey,

thanks for your answer.

Yes the link goes to a Python interface.
But as i understand, this Python interface is just working for ROS-I, right? And for MoveIt2, Python is not working yet.

Yes i already installed the UR Package, but i struggle to write my own skript including this packe. E.g. to do the same movements than in the MoveIt2 tutorial but change the Pandas arm to a UR.

Looks like the Python Interface will be released by end of October 20222 for Moveit2