Maximum axial and radial forces and torques in Ur5e joints

Hello, I would like to know what is the maximum axial and radial force/torque on the tool flange and each joint.

Hi! As far as I know, it all depends fully on the joint set of each robot and position of the robotic arm.
Payload is not an indicative of force due to that is though with a dynamic movement load, for example one think I know for sure is that UR10e payload is 12’5 Kg and UR16e is 16 Kg, the only difference between them is reach, but joints are exactly the same and both have the same maximum axial force, 400 N. (In versions before 5.15 max axial force for ur10e and 16e was 250 N, it was software limited, and probably now with 400 N it still is limited)

“Ergonomic” position from robotic arm is also a very important aspect to take i consideration.

Summarizing, first is not the same joint force than robot force, what do you want to know? Second, with a good use of the robot positioning, you can reach higher forces than by using just one joint.

https://www.universal-robots.com/articles/ur/robot-care-maintenance/max-joint-torques-cb3-and-e-series/

Here you have joint torques. Take in consideration that joints are rotating elements, they neither push nor pull, so they only have torque.

I’ll search/ask for the max axial forces from all robots.

Thanks for the reply dear @201dd7f651970f82fe0c

I know that in force mode you can apply some force on any axes

However, I am working on a screwing task, so I am analyzing the forces and torques involved in this task. Therefore, I need the maximum allowed values.

Thanks for the link, there I can get the maximium torque values. Universal Robots - Max. joint torques CB3 and e-Series

Let me know when you can get each joint’s maximum radial and axis forces.