How to move the ur3e with ros2 after i installed everything

(I would like to preface this by saying we’re new but at the same time we’ve tried making this ur3e work with ros2 for a few weeks.)

Hey all, we gave up on the Moveit extention for the ros-humble-ur binary package we installed, and we want to see our robot (ur3e) physically move. in the guide that is given in github, they recommend that we run this command: (specifically for our robot)

ros2 launch ur_robot_driver ur_control.launch.py ur_type:=ur3e robot_ip:=192.168.0.10 launch_rviz:=false

which works well, and after that we enable the external control from the teach pendant. which also signals to us from the terminal when we ran the ur_robot_driver that the connection is established. with ros2 topic list we see these topics:

/dynamic_joint_states
/force_torque_sensor_broadcaster/transition_event
/force_torque_sensor_broadcaster/wrench
/forward_position_controller/commands
/forward_position_controller/transition_event
/io_and_status_controller/io_states
/io_and_status_controller/robot_mode
/io_and_status_controller/robot_program_running
/io_and_status_controller/safety_mode
/io_and_status_controller/tool_data
/io_and_status_controller/transition_event
/joint_state_broadcaster/transition_event
/joint_states
/parameter_events
/robot_description
/rosout
/scaled_joint_trajectory_controller/controller_state
/scaled_joint_trajectory_controller/joint_trajectory
/scaled_joint_trajectory_controller/state
/scaled_joint_trajectory_controller/transition_event
/speed_scaling_state_broadcaster/speed_scaling
/speed_scaling_state_broadcaster/transition_event
/tf
/tf_static
/urscript_interface/script_command

now, when subscribing to the /joint_states topic, the positions of my robot(physically, in the lab) are these:

name:

• shoulder_lift_joint
  • elbow_joint
  • wrist_1_joint
  • wrist_2_joint
  • wrist_3_joint
  • shoulder_pan_joint
    position:

additionaly in the github, they recommended we run this command just to see the robot move in the real world through ros:

ros2 launch ur_robot_driver test_joint_trajectory_controller.launch.py

which works just fine, and the robot does move in the real world according to the positions in recieves from that yaml file.

HOWEVER, they say the following right after: “In case you want to write your own ROS node to move the robot, there is an example python node included that you can use as a start.”

ros2 run ur_robot_driver example_move.py

this right here above this line is supposed to be a thing, but it isnt. i dont have a file in my system called “example_move.py” and therefore the above command does not execute. can anyone help me in creating a node/script like what is supposed to be above for my own needs?

ADDITIONALY, i extracted the calibration yaml file from my robot as they recommend in the github page, but i dont know what to do with it, do you use it when you start up the robot with the ur_robot_driver?

sorry for the long post guys, but we’re kinda lost right now and really need some help as there is no one in our area who can help us…
thanks a lot in advance!