Does anyone know the procedure for getting the UR’s cUL certified? Any information is much appreciated.
We are shipping 3 UR3e’s to Canada and the end user requires the units to be Canadian Certified, it seems that the TUV certification on this Robots are not enough in Canadian market.
Below is what I researched:
UL, CSA, QIA are a few of the many companies that certify equipments based on SCC (Standards Council of Canada), OSHA. When a equipment get certified it will bear a logo cUL, cCSA, cQIA respectively.
There are 2 pathways to get a equipment certified for Canadian market:
1. Full Listing/Certification:
- 300+ units.
- It will require one unit to be sent to chosen Laboratory for testing and evaluation.
- It takes 3-4 weeks to inspect units.
- More $$$.
- If passed, equipment will have cUL or cCSA or cQIA depending which company you choose.
- Future identical units will inherit Certification/Logo.
2. Special Inspection:
- <300 units.
- Not a substitute to Full Certification
- Inspection could be done onsite.
- Based on model code SPE-1000.
- It takes 1 to 2 days.
- Less $$$
- If passed, equipment will bear a SPE-1000 logo.
- Future identical units does not inherit inspection/Logo.
To Administrators here,
- does UR have any plans of getting these units ready for Canadian market?
- Or is there another workaround here I do not know…