Connecting and Listening on RTDE with C# Client

I am new to developing for UR and have had success just sending commands that move the robot from my C# application I am developing. However, currently I have to manually wait before continuing to the next step because I can’t seem to get meaningful information back out of the robot.
I am currently using the primary client interface on port 30001, but trying to parse the information I receive from this is proving far too difficult. That being said, I want to swap over to RTDE so that I can manually just send back confirmation that a movement has finished before I continue my procedure. My main problem is that all of the RTDE code that is supplied is written in python, and I am having a very difficult time figuring out what all of the byte operations do when a command is sent out in this python code.
Could someone give me a simple, detailed walk through of how I can send and receive commands and information with RTDE using the C# programming language?

Model your code in c# on a chat client and server .

Hi,

See Implementation of RTDE into C# - #2 by frederic.chaxel

Bye

I am looking through the implementation, but I am a bit confused by how to set the outputs. Do you type them in on the command line? What is the formating?

Hi, your code works for the most part the problem is i have to convert it to vb.net , and your code is not documented, or commented.

Hi,

You can creates a dll with the content of Rtdeclient.cs file. It can be referenced in a vb.net application.

Bye

See this .NET C# RTDE implementation (also Primary Interface, Dasboard, SSH, FTP, XML-RPC, Socket …)