Camera mount and FTSensor measurements

Hi all,

on my UR5e i am going to use an intel realsense 435i and the RobotiQ 2F-85 girpper and i will probably opt for the 3D-printable support provided by PickNik as shown below:

Now, since I want to make the best use of the FT sensor integrated into my UR5e to analyze the applied and/or perceived forces, I’m concerned that having that support mounted on the flange may interfere with the measurements.

In this case, could this other type of mounting (around the flange) be better?
Around flange camera mount

or in both cases, using “zeroFtSensor()” will cancel out the interferences due to the camera mount and only feel the interaction?

Additional suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Is this for lab testing or production? I would never use a 3d printed bracket for a camera mount unless it’s a very good quality and sturdy print. That one looks incredibly flimsy and will probably warp over time making your vision results much less precise. As for your initial question, as long as everything is mounted tight, I don’t see it hindering performance of the ft sensor provided you payload and cog are set accurately.

Thanks for the answer!

Right now, it’s just for testing and for the first setup and camera calibration phase.
Later, the camera mount will probably be made of aluminum or other stiff and robust materials.

So… just for clarity, as long as the payload is well set and I zeroes the FTsensor, the robot will automatically compensate everything , measuring only the effective interaction/contact and not being biased by the tool mounted on its flange? :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks again!