Build Fail during MyFirstURCap tutorial

Hello
Im get this error while following the MyFirstURCap tutorial running mvn install -P ursim

[INFO] Results:
[INFO] 
[INFO] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
[INFO] 
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-bundle-plugin:2.4.0:bundle (default-bundle) @ lightup ---
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.1:exec (package-urcap) @ lightup ---
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:2.5.2:install (default-install) @ lightup ---
[INFO] Installing /home/ur/workspace/com.UniWest.lightup/target/lightup-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to /home/ur/.m2/repository/com/UniWest/lightup/1.0-SNAPSHOT/lightup-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Installing /home/ur/workspace/com.UniWest.lightup/pom.xml to /home/ur/.m2/repository/com/UniWest/lightup/1.0-SNAPSHOT/lightup-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-bundle-plugin:2.4.0:install (default-install) @ lightup ---
[INFO] Installing com/UniWest/lightup/1.0-SNAPSHOT/lightup-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Writing OBR metadata
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.1:exec (ursim-install-urcap) @ lightup ---
[INFO] cp: cannot create regular file '/home/ursim/ursim-5.11.ur0.108249/.urcaps/com.UniWest.lightup.jar': No such file or directory
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 2.694 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2022-08-19T13:14:13-07:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/270M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1:exec (ursim-install-urcap) on project lightup: Result of /bin/sh -c cd /home/ur/workspace/com.UniWest.lightup && cp target/lightup-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar /home/ursim/ursim-5.11.ur0.108249/.urcaps/com.UniWest.lightup.jar execution is: '1'. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

I can see that it is missing .jar, is that something i need to create myself? i cant recall doing this in the tutorial

//David

Lots of times if you have build errors its because the various paths defined in the POM file don’t exist on your system. For example, the error says

cp: cannot create regular file '/home/ursim/ursim-5.11.ur0.108249/.urcaps/com.UniWest.lightup.jar': No such file or directory

So make sure your directory is exactly that. Often times it’s just a different ursim-5.11.XXXX file.

Your issue is that in your build the project aims to generate a URCap and automatically deploy it to URSim.
On the build settings, you can comment out the URSim deployment, so the URCap will build and the output will just be within the project folder.
Then you can copy the generated URCap to a USB stick and install it from Polyscope.

Hello
You are totally correct, i guess i was a bit tired when doing this…
old path /home/ursim/ursim-5.11.ur0.108249/.urcaps/com.UniWest.lightup.jar
correct path /home/ur/ursim/ursim-5.11.ur0.108249/.urcaps/com.UniWest.lightup.jar
thanks!