Velocity after blending

What is the expected linear velocity after blending two movel moves?

Let’s say my first move is faster than the second one and velocity when entering blending radius is much higher then the one for the second move. Should robot slow down or is it going to use current velocity?

From some experiments it looks like it maintains this higher speed (or slows down extremely slowly), but I’d like see whether our observations are correct.

Generally speaking, the the entering speed will be maintained (will be in effect) until the end of the blend. After the blend is over, the speed will be ramped down to the following motion.

But depending on the motion constraints, the blend may require a lower speed to complete (i.e. 180 deg turn).

And will happen if after exiting blending radius there won’t be enough distance to the next waypoint to stop with a given acceleration? For example this can happen if we exit blending very close to the waypoint.

CB3 and e-Series work a little different wrt. blending.
Jacobs description of movel blending relates to e-Series. For CB3, the behavior is different, there two motions arr blended by linear interpolation of the velocities.
In e-Series, the controller tries to scale the speed to avoid overshooting waypoints if the user has entered a very high acceleration. I am unsure how it works if you blend into a decelleration phase

1 Like