Urscript programming

Hi everyone,
I am a noob to programming. Does anyone have any suggestions how to program using simple scipts? youtube videos etc would be very helpful.
Thank you
Dave

Best starting place is the documentation: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/ur-support-site/214314/scriptmanualG5_%205.15.1.pdf

This lists all the commands and how they work. The 2nd really easy way to learn it is to write a simple program in Polyscope using the UI and the fancy nodes. Then Save the program as something. Now, insert a Script node and change the dropdown to “File.” Now you should see a file named whatever you saved your program as. If you open this up and scroll through it, you will see all the URScript that got generated behind the scenes. This can help show you exactly have certain scripts are used.

In addition to what @eric.feldmann has already said, I would suggest go through the basic Free-Learning course and try to replicate some of the exercises shown there in URScript version, following the manual.

If you are stucked, you can also do a parallel program where you use Polyscope for doing the exercises, and then open the .script file in VSCode or Notepad to see how that translates into URScript.

@cags thank you. how do i open a .script file that i created in the basic polyscope program?
Best,
Dave

VSCode, and you can also add a plug in for URScript.

1 Like

Me too “noob” If you goto the advanced tab under programing pick script.
now touch the yellow box for the script under the command window on the right.
This will open up some tabs on bottom left.
the bottom one will have function in them for the loaded caps.
there are three more tabs above that. one of them is variables.
you must put the variables in first for them to show up. (do this under installation, general, variables)
to make a pose variable use p[0,0,0,0,0,0] this should help.
how to get to them.