UR robot with battery supply

Hello Michael.

Thanks for your support.

Battery safety is already under control.
I will try to describe my problem with details.

UR battery installation guide suggests the use of a 1kW 48V power supply. But, after several tests, I have seen that my application require way less than 400W.
Therefore, I have been trying to power the UR with a DC/DC boost converter, of 400W.
But, as someone mentioned here https://forum.universal-robots.com/t/is-it-possible-to-modify-the-brake-releasing-sequence-for-battery-supplied-project/549 before, the board draws a huge current when powering on (about 10A - surge).

I have tried adding capacitors and inductors to filter the surge, but I was unable to solve it. The system didn’t pass from ‘power off’ to ‘power on’, through the sequence - energizing the arm 48V power bus and then releasing the brakes.

The 1kW 48V converter suggested by UR occupy a huge volume and won’t be fully demanded during operation. The converter will be oversized (in power and size). That’s why I considered using a 500W converter (from the same model as the 1kW one).

I ran these tests without the converter I wish to use (SD-500L-48). I tried using an external adjustable power supply, able to provide 438W, which failed to power up the robot.

Will the SD-500L-48 converter succeed? Do you think I will be able to know only after testing?