UR + Node Red Communication Problem

Hi,

Does anybody figure it out how to connect with UR through NODE-RED?
I am trying to make with Modbus, and TCP/IP communication but I didn’t receive any good result.

Modbus is still loosing connection.

I am no able to figure it out how to properly send command to dashboard server.

Please help! :slight_smile:

From what I see about NODE-RED is that you can use Javascript functions, built on Node.js. Have you looked into the socket.io library to see if you can communicate that way?

No, I am quite new in this :slight_smile:

Alright, I am not sure how the NODE-RED works but using a nodeJS library like this example Node.js TCP client and server example · GitHub I was able to connect to the dashboard server.

I was unable to use the socket.io library to connect to the dashboard server, I believe you have to use socket.io server to connect a client to it. So ignore the socket.io stuff.

1 Like

hello did you manage to use nodered and the robot?

i used node for rdte ?

but i want read and write directly with modbus tcp

I have tryid to make a github for

I hope that you can use it

I am facing the same issue. I have tried multiple Node Red instances and versions and multiple robots all with the SAME result.

Polling a holding register works ONCE and then always fails afterwards.

Per the nodered-contrib-modbus instructions I tried manually trying using the underlying modbus-serial module (which also does TCP despite it’s name) and it works consistently.

I have posted to the Node Red forums without resolution as well. I could really use a solution.