Universal Robots ROS2 driver - docker-compose ursim + driver - setting TCP

Hi,

I’m running docker compose giving me a ursim container and one driver container, based on Universal_Robots_ROS2_Driver/ur_robot_driver/resources/ursim_driver at foxy-ursim · UniversalRobots/Universal_Robots_ROS2_Driver · GitHub

I’m launching the following in entry_point.sh for the driver:

#!/bin/bash

# Setup VNC server
rm /tmp/.X1-lock && rm /tmp/.X11-unix/X1
Xvfb :1 -screen 0 2560x1440x16 &
x11vnc -rfbport 5566 -create -bg -quiet -forever -shared -display :1
/wait_dashboard_server.sh
source /~/workspace/ros_ws_ur_driver/install/setup.bash && ros2 launch ur_bringup ur_dashboard_client.launch.py robot_ip:=192.168.56.101 &
source /~/workspace/ros_ws_ur_driver/install/setup.bash && ros2 service call /dashboard_client/power_on std_srvs/srv/Trigger
source /~/workspace/ros_ws_ur_driver/install/setup.bash && ros2 service call /dashboard_client/brake_release std_srvs/srv/Trigger
source /~/workspace/ros_ws_ur_driver/install/setup.bash && ros2 launch ur_bringup ur_control.launch.py headless_mode:=true ur_type:=ur5e robot_ip:=192.168.56.101 use_fake_hardware:=false launch_rviz:=true &

tail -F anything

I’m currently trying to set the TCP offset by using the static transform, but tool0 transform does not change.

ros2 run tf2_ros static_transform_publisher 0 0 0.2 0 0 0 flange tool0

Is the TCP offset of the active TCP shared with ros somehow?

How can I modify it? I would like to trail the TCP. Like you can do with the links under RobotModel by enabling “Show Trail”.

I’m not sure that you are trying to achieve. If you’ve attached something to your robot’s TCP one method would be to create your own robot description by extending the provided one.

What’s trail feature supposed to mean you are mentioning?