Trouble with Tool Center Point Calibration

Hello everyone,

I’m encountering an issue with Tool Center Point (TCP) calibration on my Universal Robots system and could use some guidance. Despite following the calibration procedure outlined in the documentation, I’m running into unexpected results.

Specifically, after completing the calibration processrpa, I’m noticing discrepancies in the positioning accuracy of the robot’s end-effector. Movements seem to be slightly off-target, leading to alignment issues in our automated tasks.

I’ve double-checked all the calibration parameters and ensured that the tool is properly mounted and calibrated. However, I’m still struggling to achieve the desired precision.

Has anyone else experienced similar challenges with TCP calibration on Universal Robots? If so, what troubleshooting steps did you take to address the issue? Are there any common pitfalls or best practices that I might be overlooking?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards
gregbowers

Hello Greg,

What exactly did you use the mentioned manual for? :slight_smile:
That manual is intended for calibrating the robot arm. This is typically done after replacing a joint or disassembling the robot arm for other reasons.

Can you elaborate on what you’re aiming for with a TCP calibration? :slight_smile: