Send Coordinates: Cognex Camera to PLC (Siemens) and from PLC to Robot (Pick and place with camera)

Hello,

I want to make a Pick and Place application, with a Cognex camera (IS7600) and a Siemens 1215C PLC.

The procedure is:

1. Photo with camera (using calibration tools to world) . OK
  2. Send coordinates (by profinet) from the camera to the PLC. OK
  3. Now there is my doubt, how do I forward these coordinates to the robot? I have installed the UR3 GSD but I don’t know how to manage it.

Any suggestions on how to start?

Thank you.

Jose

Have you set up the robot configuration in the PLC according to the PROFINET tutorial made by UR? :slight_smile:
It can be found here (assuming you have a CB3 since you said UR3): Universal Robots - PROFInet How-To Guide CB3

When the robot is set up with the data type, it’s fairly straightforward to write to the General Purpose integer/float registers with your coordinates.

Thank you for your response.

I have checked the link and the communication between the PLC and the robot, it is done correctly.

Still I have a doubt which is the following:

In the example program, the PLC sends a value to the URO registers of interest and the robot reads them by means of the sript function “read_input_integer_register(address)”

To send a point now I must send x, y, z, Rx, Ry, Rz. I understand that in the PLC I can send it through the float registers of URO, but what should I put in the script function to be able to read the 6 values of the point?

Thanks