MATLAB 2024 and UR10e

Hello,

I am running Ubuntu 22.04 and MATLAB 2024 with ROS2. I am attempting to follow both the MATLAB setup as well as the UR Setup for establishing communication with URSim and later a UR10e via MATLAB/ROS2.

I believe my slight deviation from the documented instructions is that I am using the URSim Docker image. I can run the sim and interact with it via the VNC viewer AOK. I can also interact with it using the RTDE examples. However, when the ROS2 approach is introduced I cannot verify the setup using the MathWorks verification steps. It confirms ROS2 but once I get to the point of requesting the joint angles the process times out. There are no meaningful error messages and the troubleshooting steps on the right happen to be all “passed”.

Another potential source of error or misunderstanding on my end is the Network. My local host is on a 10.x network while the robot and docker are on a 192.x network. In either case everything is “pingable”. The external control URCap is also installed on the URSim.

Any thoughts or help on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.